Thursday, September 1, 2011

RedCloud - Krylon Teardrops

RedCloud found the family he craved by joining a gang. But one day during eighth grade, he attended a hip-hop assembly at his school that changed his life. A collection of former gang members spoke about the transformations they had made in their own lives, which inspired RedCloud to ditch his gangster past and embrace a righteous path.

"I thought it was going to be easy once I wanted to start following God, once I wanted to get cleaner. But it started getting harder."
"Original hip-hop was uplifting and positive," he says. "It gave somebody hope and changed people's lives. It was street poetry that anybody could relate to. Now, people are rapping about things that your average person can't relate to -- the cars, the diamonds, the money. I rap about average person stories, issues that people don't usually deal with. I want to let them know what's going on."


0 comments:

Post a Comment